Probate by Post

Convenient, Reliable, Affordable

Changing a Land Title
The process for changing a Land Title after someone has passed away depends on whether they own the property solely or whether they own it jointly with someone else.
If a property is held with someone else as joint tenants (this will be shown on the Title Deed if it is the case),  then the property can be transferred to the surviving owner(s) without the need to produce the will and, in fact, regardless of the provisions of the will.
The process is simple and involves lodging the Certificate of Death, Certificate of Title (if there is one) and the appropriate form to the Department of Natural Resources & Mines.
If property is owned solely (or with someone else as tenants in common) then the process is slightly different and the will must be produced to the Department of Natural Resources & Mines, along with the Certificate of Death and the appropriate form.
If you would like more information, please contact us.